Security Notice regarding current situation in Israel and Gaza
15 November 2012
The escalation of conflict between Israel and Hamas may lead to an increase in antisemitic incidents and threats against UK Jewish communities.
All communal buildings and events are requested to ensure that their security measures are fully implemented.
All visitors to communal buildings and events are requested to comply with security procedures.
Most importantly, CST urges the community to continue to lead its way of life to the full, to support communal security efforts and to report any suspicious activities to CST and the Police.
If you have any questions concerning this notice, or require security advice, please contact your nearest CST office.
ACT NOW: DONT IGNORE IT, REPORT IT TO POLICE AND CST IMMEDIATELY
- Remember to keep all external doors secured even when the building is in use.
- Where possible, external security patrols should be increased or implemented.
- Be alert to suspicious people and activities around your building. This includes parked cars and unattended objects.
- Challenge and question all strangers and visitors to your building even if they are accompanied by someone you know.
- Try to prevent staff and visitors from congregating outside your building. Encourage people to disperse as quickly as possible, e.g. after services, at the end of the school day, at the end of an event.
- Do not accept unexpected post or deliveries until someone has confirmed it was expected. If you are not sure, send it back with the courier.
- Ensure all security equipment, alarms and CCTV systems are working correctly. Check that lenses are cleaned and video equipment is recording.
Should you require advice or training on any matters relating to security please contact CST.
London & Southern Regions - 020 8457 9999
Emergency 24hr Pager - 07659 101 668
Manchester & Northern Regions - 0161 792 6666
Emergency 24hr number - 0800 980 0668
IN AN EMERGENCY ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE ON 999, THEN CALL CST
15 July 2021
19 May 2021
20 May 2019